The BCREA Distinguished Service Award shall be awarded to a member of the Burlington County Retirees' Education Association who has shown exceptional dedication and service to the Association. This award, in order to meet its intention, should be difficult to obtain and will not necessarily be granted annually.
Criteria for the Award
1. Membership in BCREA for at least 7 years.
2. Service to BCREA in a leadership role for at least 5 years in two of the
~ An officer of BCREA for two terms
~ A chairperson of one or more BCREA committees
~ An Area Chairperson (when Area existed before 2003)
~ Represented the BCREA as a chairperson, or a member of an NJREA
committee or as an officer of NJREA
3. Having 80% or better attendance at BCREA Executive Committee meetings.
4. Represented BCREA by participation in activities sponsored by BCREA,
NJEA and NJREA.
Protocol for the Award
1. Nominations for this award can be made by any BCREA member in good
~ Nominations must be submitted to the BCREA President or his/her
designee at or before the BCREA Spring General Membership
~ The nomination must include a short narrative about the nominee's service
2. Information about the award and how to nominate someone for it shall be
published in the BCREA newsletter.
3. The nominee's name and qualifications shall be presented to the Executive
Committee by the President or his/her designee at the June Executive
~ The Executive Committee shall, by voice vote or secret ballot, vote on the
~ (To be successful) A nominee must receive 60% of the votes cast to
become a recipient
4. The award will be presented at a Fall General Membership Meeting/luncheon
of the Association.
The Award shall Consist of
1. The recipient's name being added to the award plaque displayed in the
2. An award pin presented to the recipient or person representing the recipient.
3. A $100 scholarship donation,in the recipient's name, to the
Robert M. Oberholser Scholarship Fund.
Nomination for the Award
Send a letter of nomination to BCREA Vice President: